Austin Noble answered 2015-10-15 11:32:39 -0700Q: What advice do you have for other Philanthropy Chairs?
A: Do something small. Always try and have an event once or twice a month. Being a philanthropy chair you serve as a PR chair basically. You show the community what Greek Life is doing good. You can always make events social. Pair up with another fraternity or sorority.
We're conducting a review of the Philanthropy Chair position for two primary reasons. The first is to provide advice for other fraternity and sorority leaders, who will serve this position. The other reason is to identify skills and characteristics, as a means of determining their application to the professional workplace.
Please take a moment to describe the role of the Philanthropy Chair.
University of Arizona - Tucson, Arizona
Major: Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, May 2017
Minors: Marketing and Sports Management
WORK & LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
University of Arizona Department of Residence Life - May 2014 – Present
- Promote on-campus housing for undergraduate students and families by leading tours
- Problem solve a variety of issues for students and parents involving room assignments and roommates
- Utilize database for data retrieval and data entry for residents and summer conference attendee records
- Provide quality customer service via incoming call support center
Ironwood Ridge High School - May 2015 – July 2015
Assistant Freshman Baseball Coach
- Responsible for organizing pitching and infield practice drills
- Communicate with fellow coaches and players
- Help decide coaching strategies per game such as batting order, pitching rotation, player lineups etc.
Greek Ladders - December 2013 – Present
Marketing Coordinator and Chapter Affiliate Manager
- Recruit new chapter affiliates through the use of social media and phone calls
- Outreach to speakers and help coordinate career panels and workshops for the University of Arizona campus and Kappa Sigma Fraternity
- Coordinate the student and career mentor program for chapters at the University of Arizona
- Complete employer research and ask employers to become paid sponsors in the Greek Ladders chapter, campus and national networks
Fraternity Management Group - June 2009 – April 2015
Assistant Client Manager
- Manage alumni, parent & undergraduate data for fraternities & sororities around the U.S.
- Research alumni to help in identifying capable donor prospects as well as those deserving awards
- Help managers keep chapter websites current & send out e-news to alumni & parents
- Assist the president in seeing that company and chapter goals are achieved by communicating with the managers to keep them on schedule regarding all data, communications and events
SKILLS, ACTIVITIES & SERVICE
Skills: Marketing, Microsoft Office, Project Management, Teamwork, Data Entry, Project Research
Activities: Student Alumni Ambassadors, Sports Marketing Association, Career Development & Leadership Chair (Kappa Sigma Fraternity), Assistant Sponsorship/Fundraiser Chair (Kappa Sigma), Philanthropy and Service Chair (Kappa Sigma)
Service: Eller Make a Difference Day, Military Heroes Campaign, Ben’s Bells, Make-a-Wish Foundation, Tucson Clean and Beautiful
“When you’ve got something to prove, there’s nothing greater than a challenge.”
- Org: Kappa Sigma
- Campus: University of Arizona
- Major: Communications
- Minor: Sports Management
- Class: Junior
- Chapter Involvement:
Career, Involvement & Leadership Chair, Sponsorship and Fundraising Chair, Philanthropy and Service Chair
- Campus involvement:
Sports Marketing Association and Student Alumni Ambassadors
To gain experience in the sports field to grow my network to help with future job placement in the sports field
- Work Experience:
- Career Interests:
Careers in sports marketing or management