Are you interested in pursuing a career in banking? If so, BBVA Compass provides an engaging 10 week summer internship that will enable you to gain valuable experience within the banking industry.
The 10 week program will consist of an Orientation week, an 8 week department-specific assignment, and a final Closing week. Below is a brief description of what to expect in each phase of the 10 week program.
Week 1 will be held in Birmingham, AL at BBVA Compass Corporate Headquarters for Orientation activities which include Line of Business overviews, executive speakers, group project assignments, and networking opportunities.
Weeks 2-9 will be held in one of our major metro markets, depending on assignment. During this time you will work in your assigned department with a structured curriculum. During each week, a half-day will be set aside to work on a group project that will be presented to company representatives in week 10.
Week 10 will consist of additional training, networking, and interns’ final presentations held at the Corporate Headquarters in Birmingham.
- Pursuing a degree in finance, accounting, marketing, management, management information systems, supply chain management, or related business field
- Rising senior at a 4-year university (December 2016 or May 2017 Graduation)
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Honesty & confidentiality
- Team player
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to manage change and uncertainty
- Ability to multitask
- Experience in a leadership role preferred
- Previous related experience preferred
- Authorized to work in the US without the need for visa-related sponsorship by the employer
Commercial, Wealth Management, Retail, Risk Management, Digital Banking, Marketing, Client Experience- just to name a few! Curious about locations? Be sure connect with Giuli Biondi, University Recruiter, at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Click the "Apply" button, located below, and we'll give Giuli a personal recommendation for you.