We've said it time and time again, career fairs are not the end-all-be-all of finding great jobs. However, when can you find an opportunity when 50+ employers are within such close range?!
As soon as fall semester begins on college campuses, career fairs crop up within weeks. With the vast majority taking place in September, students are forced to scramble and prepare in time for the opportunity to visit with recruiters.
We have plenty of advice to make the most of career fairs. We're huge proponents of taking advantage of every opportunity. Here are a few tips to make career fairs work for you.
- Rank the participating employers.
- Conduct research on your most interested companies.
- Create a career fair schedule.
- Set aside time to followup.
- Pay close attention to your approach.
- Have fun.
- Don’t get down.
To learn more about how to make the most of career fairs, click here.
Career fairs are already taking place. Here's a list of those taking place this week:
- Arizona State University - Student Job Fair - Tempe - 8/16/2017
- University of Georgia - Part-Time Job & Internship Fair - 8/16/2017
- Arizona State University - Student Job Fair - Downtown Phoenix - 8/18/2017
- Indiana University - Fall Part-Time Jobs Fair - 8/18/2017
Click here for the full list of career fairs taking place during the fall semester.