GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The Casino Marketing Coordinator is responsible for special events assigned both on and off property from the booking of the event to the final profit and loss analysis. The Coordinator reports to the Casino Marketing Manager and ensures that all work is being done by the supporting departments so that the events run smoothly. Additionally will assist Database Marketing on all projects as assigned and provide Administrative services for the Casino Marketing Manager and Executive Director of Casino Marketing.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Includes, but is not limited to the following.)
- Offers suggestions and creative ideas to improve existing events.
- Follows a checklist and organization of files for each event, and maintains the progress of the event.
- Prepares welcome packets, badges and tracking sheets for the event.
- Prepares informational memos about and to the supporting departments.
- Handles registration and distribution of welcome packets.
- Is available during each assigned event, any day of the week or time of day, to oversee the event is running smoothly and to make any necessary adjustments.
- Maintains excellent communication with all departments and co-workers
- Keeps accurate listing of attendees to event
- Provides administrative service to the Casino Marketing Manager, and Executive Director Casino Marketing.
GUEST SERVICE STANDARDS:
The Casino Marketing Coordinator will report to work at the time of the scheduled shift (varied). Any changes in their time will be reported and posted. He/She will adhere to professional dress and grooming guidelines and provide courteous, friendly service to Eldorado employees and guests. The employee will promote a safe work environment absent of harassment and will report and handle problems as they arise. The employee has an affirmative duty to stay current with and apply all pertinent company and departmental policies, procedures and regulations. The employee will not consume alcoholic beverages while on duty or while working at any special event.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Complete understanding of all development goals for the special events department.
- Must maintain confidentiality of customer as well as company information.
- Understand and comply with all hotel, casino and departmental rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Sign confidentiality/non-compete agreement.
- Ability to motivate self and to work as part of a team.
- Ability to assimilate information and make sound equitable decisions in a timely manner.
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Well organized with proven ability to work on numerous projects simultaneously.
- Computer literate in word processing and spread sheets software.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Maintain a good report with all staff members and demonstrate a positive attitude and a friendly, professional image toward customers and fellow employees.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school education and work related experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience in special events, customer service, gaming hotel and/or casino related experience is required.
- Nevada Gaming is required. Must have permit to work in the U.S.
CLICK HERE to apply for the position of your choice through the Eldorado website.
Click the "Apply" button, located below, and we'll notify our Eldorado contact of your interest.