When designing a path toward launching successful careers, everyone could use a little guidance. Greek Ladders was founded on the principle of connecting candidates with ideal career opportunities. Mentoring is an optimal tool for candidates to utilize on the career planning path.
Our mentorship program connects candidates with industry executives for a mutually enriching experience. Mentees learn how to develop their careers from a seasoned executive who teaches from a position of practical experience and proven success, forging an enriching bond across generations.
Matches are made on a regular basis, mostly connecting mentors and mentees, based on career/professional industries, roles, and goals. We place favoritism on fraternal and/or university connections, in the hopes of developing stronger lifelong relationships.
We believe a strong mentoring situation relies on active engagement from both the mentor and mentee. Here are a few basic recommendations to develop meaningful mentoring relationships:
- Good mentoring requires a good relationship. Get to know each other and understand that a good relationship takes times to develop.
- The mentor must share his undergraduate and post-college experience. The mentee must share how they are doing academically, how they are involved on campus and/or in the chapter, and what their career plans are.
- Get to know each other’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Each of you must be specific on your goals of the relationship and time frame. Develop mutual objectives with written goals you review.
- Use your time efficiently. Follow an agenda that is prepared ahead of time.
- Mentors must provide specific, timely and honest feedback. Mentees must accept feedback without becoming defensive and be willing to use this feedback to improve.
- Provide feedback to each other so a regular basis to help the mentoring relationship work for both of you.
- If possible, continue this relationship after college.