School's back in session and we're anxious to connect employers with outstanding job-seekers! It's been a busy summer for Greek Ladders. We'll try to bring you up to speed in this issue on everything, but there's a lot.
For those who are new to the Greek Ladders Career Network, we issue a weekly bulletin to announce career events, new job/internship openings, and projects. We also highlight great employers, provide career planning advice, and describe the best ways to update online career profiles.
We do our best to keep emails to a minimum...usually one bulletin per week. Any other email we send will promote an upcoming event or job opportunity.
Our goal is simple - be a significant catalyst to connecting students and young alumni to employers, which are seeking promising and skilled talent. We're proactive in our approach, especially when we see great employer-to-employee matches.
This week's Career Fairs
With school's just opening, there aren't a ton of career fairs. That said, if one of the following is occuring on your campus, we strongly suggest you take advantage of the opportunity. If you're looking for a job, career fairs present a golden chance to make that happen. If you're not looking for a job, visiting with recruiters will allow you to build relationships, which will definitely help when you're ready for a job or internship.
Here are this week's career fairs:
Monday, August 24
- University of Kansas - Part Time Job Fair [details]
Thursday, August 27
- Ohio State University - Buckeye Careers Campus Job Fair [details]
- University of California-Berkeley - Investment Banking Forum [details]
Friday, August 28
- Northern Arizona University - Part Time Job Fair [details]
- University of Nevada - Part-Time Job and Internship Expo [details]
Arizona's All-Greek Networking Night on September 28
We’re pleased to announce the addition of a special networking event the night before the Fall 2015 Career Days on the University of Arizona campus. In collaboration with the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life and Greek Ladders, a company which connects employers to student leaders, the All-Greek Networking Night will take place on Monday, September 28, at 5:00pm, in the Foyer of the Fourth Floor Ballrooms in the Memorial Student Union.
The 90-minute networking event will connect employment recruiters with 150 student leaders, representing fraternities and sororities on the Arizona campus. The unique event, which is completely free of charge, allows recruiters to:
- Meet career-minded student leaders;
- Establish initial relationships with potential candidates;
- Screen potential talent for available positions;
- Sharing hiring tips and best practices; and,
- Meet the most active students on campus.
Interested students should RSVP right away, as space is limited to 150 students.
Career Network Service Upgrades
We took the feedback and suggestions of job-seekers and recruiters and added two components to our services. Both of the upgrades benefit students and alumni, as well as employers.
- Tier System - The Greek Ladders Career Network is utilized by students and young alumni on 84 different college campuses. Some campuses are represented by just one candidate, while others provide direct access to hundreds or thousands. Rather than charge employers a set fee, regardless of our candidate presence, we implemented a more reasonable fee scale. Click here to learn more.
- Placements - We're actively introducing employers to candidates via our current model. Whether it's through access to candidate profiles, presentations at chapters, facilitating workshops, or attending networking mixers, we continually seek to bring recruiters to job-seekers. This model doesn't appeal to every employer, who would prefer to have us introduce candidates to them without having to attend events or search online. Effective this fall semester, employers can engage Greek Ladders to recommend qualified candidates to available internship and job positions. Employers interested in blending placement services with their current model or solely using our placement services, should click here to learn more or get started.
We expect the addition of these services to result in many more employer-to-candidate connections.
Campus Career Guides
We've been busy creating career guides for campuses where our candidates are attending or graduated. The guides provide a description of Greek Ladders and to whom our services benefit, in addition to the career activities on each campus. As of today, the following campuses are complete and can be found (and downloaded) by clicking here:
- Arizona State University
- Indiana University
- Northern Arizona University
- Ohio State University
- Purdue University
- University of Arizona
- University of California-Berkeley
- University of Denver
- University of Kentucky
- University of Nevada
- University of South Carolina
- University of Texas-Austin
The next two campuses to be created are the University of Kansas and Robert Morris University. Click here to recommend the campus with which you're affiliated.
Exciting New Collaborative Partners
We made a number of great friends this summer, all of whom provide leadership expertise in student life. We'll promote these Collaborative Partners, on a regular basis, but wish to introduce them to you as a group.
- Circle of Change Leadership - The Circle of Change Leadership Experience is a three day conference that not only connects student leaders nationally with an incredible diverse leadership network of students and professionals that will provide them with the inspiration, leadership development training, and professional skills needed to take their personal and leadership experience to the next level.
- ForCollegeForLife - ForCollegeForLife was launched in 2014 with the mission of assisting individuals, organizations and schools to reach their full potential through practical, inspirational and aspirational writing, speaking and coaching. ForCollegeForLife shares a series of values which define not only its culture, but also how the company interacts with the educational world; they are Excellence, Energy, Fun, Personalization, Service, Big Ideas, Collaboration, Mentorship and Passion.
- GreekGab - Given intense campus issues, chapter management, and a lack of information about the fraternity and sorority Greek system for parents, Kristin Wing has launched GreekGab.com, an online resource for parents, college kids, advisers and others who are looking for resources to help create a better fraternity and sorority experience. Click here for a blog Kristin wrote about the Greek Life experience.
- UFund - uFund is bringing fundraising to the 21st century with an innovative way to raise funds for your organization or group. With our one-of-a-kind fundraising platform, we give your organization the power to sell, without any upfront costs or inventory. Your supporters can select from a multitude of products-- all while allowing you to raise more money, faster!
Click here to learn more about these and our other incredible partners.
We use social media to connect with businesses and job-seekers outside of our Career Network, in addition to our active users. Follow us for information, events, tips, and contacts that we're not promoting through our E-News Bulletin.
Also, find Greek Ladders on Periscope, where we'll provide tips to presenting a great online career profile and getting connected to the right employer for you.