The E-News Bulletin is designed for career-aspiring job-seekers and industry leaders seeking quality talent. This week's issue features career planning advice, job openings, and career events.
This Week's Career Fairs
There are several career fairs this week on campuses where candidates using the Greek Ladders Career Network are affiliated. This week's fairs take place on the following campuses:
- Arizona State University
- Ohio State University
- Purdue University
- University of California - Berkeley
- University of Nevada - Las Vegas
- University of Texas - Austin
CLICK HERE for details of each career fair.
Enterprise seeks bright, motivated people share its success in both Las Vegas and Reno. This outstanding company hires hard-working, entrepreneurial individuals who recognize what it takes to succeed. We recommend taking a good look at the fast-paced, career-accelerating business at Enterprise.
CLICK HERE to learn more about Enterprise's Management Training opportunity.
Networking Tip - Greet with Confidence
Confidence gives off incredibly positive energy. Exuding confidence when you greet someone for the first time gives a great first impression. Follow these simple steps when meeting someone – look them in the eye, give a firm handshake, greet them by name, say your own name slowly and clearly; and smile. These will show the other person that you are positive and confident.
CLICK HERE for more networking tips.
Arizona's All-Greek Networking Night is Tonight!
The All-Greek Networking Night is already a success and it hasn't taken place yet! Nearly 50 businesses and non-profit organizations are planning to meet with students at the first event of its kind on the University of Arizona campus.
The event is designed to provide career-aspiring student leaders an opportunity to meet and develop relationships with employment recruiters through a small reception. Greek Ladders, UA Career Services, and the UA Fraternity & Sorority Life are partnering for the very first time with this special career event.
CLICK HERE to see the full list of employers attending tonight's networking mixer.
Networking Mixer Tips
We're regularly asked how to prepare for networking mixers. While the questions usually revolved around what to wear, we have other advice, as well. Here are a few of our recommendations:
- Understand the premise of the networking mixer - who's hosting the reception, what's the overall objective of the event, what's the environment.
- Research the attendees - if you're lucky enough to see a list of attendees, conduct research on each one...especially those you wish to meet. It might benefit you to create a list of "must meets" before the mixer.
- Dress to impress - we recommend knowing the setting, so you can dress appropriately. If you're attending to get connected to potential employers, wear what you would in a job interview. While you may feel over-dressed for the occasion, you'll make a strong first impression.
- Bring information - we recommend that you bring business cards, featuring your contact information. If the purpose is career-based, feel free to bring a folder containing copies of your resume.
- Carry a pen and paper - you'll impress even yourself by taking notes on each person you meet. Some will enter the information in their smart phones, but it may give the impression that you're more interested in your phone than connecting with the next person. Take a small sheet of paper or small pad and quickly write a summary of each discussion. The information will be invaluable for your next contact with that person.
- Smile - sure, it may sound strange, but wearing a smile will undoubtedly set the tone for each conversation. A happy and interested demeanor is an incredible first impression.
Have fun making lifelong and career-sparking connections!
Big News about Featured Speaker, Tru Pettigrew!
Tru's first book, Millennials Revealed, will be released this week!
He is currently the founder and CEO of Tru Access, which is a leading Millennial Insights and Empowerment organization and the Chief Strategic Officer of VITAL World Wide, which is one of the county's top Millennial Marketing agencies.
Tru has been featured in such prominent publications as The New York Times, USA Today, The Boston Globe and Fortune Magazine for his marketing expertise.
Some of the brands for which Tru has developed successful and award winning campaigns include Adidas, Reebok, Nike, Timberland, Jansport, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Moet-Hennessy, Heineken, The Home Depot and State Farm.
Tru is a nationally-recognized speaker, who addresses audiences small-to-large on a number of topics relating to millennials and leadership. His workshops include:
- GPS to Purpose: Combining Your Gifts and Passions to Provide a Service
- Be. Believe. Become: 3 Steps to Achieving a Holistic Life of Love & Happiness
- Don’t Confuse Equality with Sameness: 3 Key Lessons on Leveraging The Power of Diversity
- Leveraging Your Greatest Leadership Attribute: Learning to Lead With Love
CLICK HERE to learn more about this incredible speaker and, now, author!
Understanding your career interests will help us connect you to great jobs!
Life happens in mysterious ways. College students change majors with regularity, young professionals change jobs often, and more established professionals tend to change careers. Just because one's degree may be in one field, it doesn't restrict that person from following his or her career passions.
Understanding a candidate's career interests, opens the door to...
- Easier matching to open jobs and internships
- Swifter introductions to ideal employers
- Greater understanding of career goals and aspirations
- Better insight as we develop each candidate's career strategy
Let the Greek Ladders team understand your career interests as soon as possible. It takes just a moment. Click here to use keywords or brief sentences to describe your career interests.