Carpe Diem is the theme for this issue, as there's a great of excitement and opportunity in the Greek Ladders world. Between a big announcement, several career events, and ways to get noticed, there are several ways to take advantage of the moment!
Officially a #LeadingVoice
We're excited to announce that co-founder and director, Pete Parker, has been selected to the ForCollegeForLife professional speaking team. He's a #LeadingVoice for careers, the Greek Life experience, and philanthropy. "I'm honored to join this incredible team and look forward to speaking to students on college campuses throughout the country!"
His topics are:
- Letters to Ladders - Turning the fraternity and sorority experience into career success
- Weaving Your Networking Web - Building your professional network
- Elevate Philanthropy: Creating the Greater Good
We'll share more about Pete's experiences with ForCollegeForLife.
CLICK HERE if your campus is interested in scheduling Pete for a speaking engagement.
Read the big announcement, featuring the ForCollegeForLife team of speakers - click here.
Below is a list of career fairs, which our candidates should be leveraging to launch their careers. Click here for a link to each campus's career center website, which provide key information about each event.
Tuesday, March 29
- University of Tulsa - Tulsa Collegiate Job Fair
Wednesday, March 30
- Lenoir-Rhyne University - Educators' Career Fair
- Robert Morris University - PERC Education Job Fair
- Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi - Summer & Part-Time Job Fair
- University of Connecticut - Spring Career Fair
- University of Texas-El Paso - Internship & Part-time Job Fair
Thursday, March 31
- Appalachian State University - Health Career Expo
- George Washington University - School of Public Health Career Fair
- Old Dominion University - Spring Career Fair
A Resource for Employers
Today’s highly competitive employee recruitment world has employers spending considerable time and money to find the ideal candidates to their companies. Their recruitment of college students and young professionals places them on campuses and in communities across the country, where they attend career fairs, present at small workshops, and interface with career-related staff members. As a result, the candidates, career specialists, and recruiters can be overwhelmed with scores of names, some information, and a bit of frustration.
Greek Ladders serves as a liaison between the recruiter and the individual job-seeker.
CLICK HERE for more details.
What skills have you learned?
If you've served in one of these leadership roles with your fraternal organization, let us know what skills you've learned.
We'll keep your name confidential, but we'll share the skills and your advice to others, as a way to help them exceed expectations in their new roles.
Below is a list of this week's career planning workshops and activities.
Tuesday, March 29
- University of Florida - Making the Most of Your Internship Experience
- University of Florida - Navigating Offer to Office
- University of Georgia - Maximize Your Internship and Launch Your Career
Wednesday, March 30
- University of Georgia - Social Media and the Job Search
- University of Idaho - Dine With Style - Business Etiquette Dinner
- University of Illinois-Urbana-Champaign - Getting the Job: Interviewing Tips
- University of Kentucky - Internship 101 Workshop
- University of Kentucky - Nonprofit Networking Reception
Thursday, March 31
- Robert Morris University - Creativity at Work Conference
- University of Georgia - #UGAjobchat: How to Get the Most Out of Your Summer Internship
- University of Illinois-Urbana-Champaign - Finding an Internship
- University of Kentucky - Connecting Personalities with Profession
Friday, April 1
- Boston University - Interviewing 101 Workshop
- Robert Morris University - Healthcare Career & Networking Event
- University of Florida - Gator Shadow Day Information Session
For more information about these workshops, visit the campus career center on your campus, visit them online (click here).
We'll be at AFLVWest!
Pete will be hosting a workshop on Friday, April 8 at 2:15pm.
Through his topic - “Ways to Leverage Your Greek Experience to Land a Great Job” - He'll closely examine what employers are looking for in new hires, skills acquired as fraternal organization leaders, and how to make leadership shine on resumes.
Anyone attending AFLVWest, as well as this workshop, is invited to email a resume to Pete. He'll meet with you at the conference to discuss recommended revisions.
Tips to Candidate Preference in our career network
The best way to get your job candidacy considered by employers is to be totally on top of your career planning game. Through Greek Ladders, job-seekers are introduced to employers through career events (workshops, networking receptions, etc.), personally recommended, and viewed through your online career profile.
There are thousands of job and internship seeking candidates in the Greek Ladders Career Network. These candidates are current students and young professionals, affiliated with college campuses throughout the United States. Many simply exist in the network, doing nothing more than maybe adding their Greek affiliation or a social media connection. Others provide a bit more about their education and campus involvement. But, those who want to get noticed, take just ten minutes to complete their entire profile. These candidates receive the most attention by Greek Ladders staff and, undoubtedly, the employers using our network.
The more we know about you, the more we recommend you to potential employers. The primary ways for us to truly know you is by talking, emailing, and having a completely full career profile.
CLICK HERE for details and tips.
Have you visited our Job Board?
Quite often, once a job opportunity is posted to a job board, the position has been filled or interviews have begun. However, in many cases, when a job or internship appears on the Greek Ladders Job Board, recruiters work closely with us to identify ideal candidates.
New job and internship opportunities were recently posted on our Job Board. Each position is hyperlinked to reveal more information, including application links.
CLICK HERE to see the list of new postings.