Our weekly bulletin provides information about upcoming career events taking place on college, events we're planning or speaking, career planning best practices, and introductions to employers and our collaborative partners. The bulletin is designed to help connect students with employers, and vice-versa.
This week's career fairs
Click on the links for more information about the event.
Monday, October 17
Wednesday, October 19
- University of Akron - Part-time Job Fair
- University of California, Riverside - Diversity Job Fair
- University of Denver - Career and Internship Fair
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign - Graduate and Professional School Fair
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign - Liberal Arts & Sciences Internship Fair
- University of Maryland - Language Career & Internship Fair
- University of Tampa - Full Time Job Fair
- University of Tulsa - Government & Non-Profit Job Fair
- University of Washington - Science & Engineering Career Fair
Thursday, October 20
- Boston University - Career Fair
- University of Central Florida
- University of Oklahoma - Journalism and Mass Communication Career & Internship Fair
- University of Texas, Austin - Law Fair
Friday, October 21
- University of Maryland - Geographical Sciences Career & Internship Fair
- University of South Carolina - Arts & Sciences Career Academy
We're ready to help you get ready for the career fair. Send us an email to review your resume and/or LinkedIn profile. Be sure to attach a copy and/or link in the email.
Arizona seeks a Fraternity & Sorority Career Coordinator...or two
A unique opportunity is being launched to connect fraternity and sorority members to career opportunities at the University of Arizona. The position calls for one or two outstanding students...are you interested?
Through a collaborative relationship between University of Arizona Career Services and the Fraternity & Sorority Programs office, the FSP Career Coordinator position exists to provide career readiness opportunities and introduce students to employers.
The Coordinator(s) will work closely with Career Services to coordinate events, connect with recruiters and chapter leaders, and provide career planning resources.
CLICK HERE to read the full position announcement...and apply.
Echo Global Recruits Strong Teams
Echo Global knows the journey from average to extraordinary starts with work ethic. Echo team members reap the rewards of their endurance and take pride in going the extra mile for their clients and coworkers. Their teams work both harder and smarter to deliver great results. Their hustle is on call 24/7 because they know that providing excellent service isn’t always easy, but it is always worth it.
Echo Global is guided by a core set of beliefs that are more than just words. They are its compass and its navigation system for how they serve clients, partners and each other. They strive to uphold the Echo Way every day.
Echo Global Logistics seeks new Carrier Sales Representatives, who know that the journey from average to extraordinary starts with work ethic.
CLICK HERE to learn more about Echo Global and its hiring opportunities.
Next week's career fairs
Monday, October 24
- University of Florida - Graduate and Professional Schools Fair
- University of South Carolina - Health Professions Fair
Tuesday, October 25
- California State University, Northridge - Career Fair
- Franklin & Marshall College - Graduate and Professional School Fair
- Loyola Marymount University - Graduate School Fair
- Oregon State University - Business & Communications Career Fair
- Purdue University - Pharmacy Days
- University of Maryland - Public Health Expo
- University of Washington - Graduate School Fair
Wednesday, October 26
- California State University, Sacramento - Federal, State & Local Government Career Fair
- California State University, San Diego - STEM Career Fair
- Oregon State University - Engineering Career Fair
- University of California, Berkeley - Civil & Environmental Engineering Career Fair
- University of California, Riverside - Graduate and Professional School Information Fair
- University of Georgia - Graduate School Fair
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign - Career & Internship Fair
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas - Job Fair
Thursday, October 27
- Arizona State University - Hire Chicago Career Fair
- California Polytechnic University, Pomona - Career Fair
- Oregon State University - STEM & Health Career Fair
- St. Mary's University - Graduate and Professional School Fair
- University of Kentucky - Nursing and Health Sciences Education Fair
- University of Washington - Government Career Fair
Friday, October 28
- California Polytechnic University, Pomona - Engineering and High Tech Career Fair
Click here to view the full roster of campus career center links.
Do Your Homework Before a Job Interview
Simply being informed about an employer does not guarantee a successful interview unless you use that information eﬀectively. Knowledge of the employer is only helpful if you know how to incorporate that information into the interview. Here are a few ways you can incorporate research into your interview.
- Relate your skills to those needed for the position.
- Share transferable skills like communications, writing, computer knowledge, etc.
- Illustrate how you can help the employer be more competitive.
- Request information only on topics of which you're truly interested.
- Ask questions that encourage the employer to expand on information from the literature.
The information you gather about employers will strengthen your position and help you make a positive ﬁrst impression in an interview.
CLICK HERE to read more.