This week's bulletin features campus and Greek Ladders events, career planning tips, newly available solutions for recruiters and candidates, and invitations to make the most of the career network.
Bringing students closer to employers
Based on feedback we've received from students over the past year, we've designed a few new enhancements. Our primary two goals are strong value and employment connections. The following new offerings will definitely bring students closer to securing internships and full-time jobs:
- Students will be introduced to employers more frequently and proactively than in the past. To qualify for the introductions, students will need to complete a certain degree of their online career profile and submit a resume.
- Upon joining the Greek Ladders Career Network, each student’s social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) will be scanned. Advice will be given, especially to develop a more appealing LinkedIn profile.
- Upon joining the Career Network, students will be invited to conduct an in-person meeting or phone call to help Greek Ladders better understand career interests, and answer questions.
Take advantage of these new opportunities by:
- updating your career profile - CLICK HERE to get started
- sending us an email to schedule a screening call.
This week's campus career events
Here's a listing of career fairs, workshops, and activities on college campuses where Greek Ladders candidates are attending or graduated. They're great opportunities to learn best practices, build professional networks, and inquire about job and internship opportunities.
Click on the University's name for more information about the event.
Tuesday, September 6
- Ohio State University - Accounting Career Fair
- Ohio State University - American Marketing Association Career Fair
Wednesday, September 7
- New York University - Fall Job & Internship Fair
- Ohio State University - Fisher Fall Career Fair
- Old Dominion University - Accounting Career Fair
- St. Mary's University - Resume Writing and Non-Profit Career Fair Prep
- Weber State University - Student Job Fair
Wednesday, September 8
- Florida Gulf Coast University - Part-Time Job & Internship Fair
- Indiana University - Informatics and Computing Fall Career Fair
- Purdue University - Computing Career Fair
- St. Mary's University - LinkedIn Workshop
Friday, September 9
- California State University-Sacramento - Career Cafe: Your Job Stop
- University of Kentucky - Accounting Internship and Career Fair
We're ready to help you get ready for the career fair. Send us an email to review your resume and/or LinkedIn profile. Be sure to attach a copy and/or link in the email.
Employer and Student Career Coffee at Arizona State
Mark your calendar for September 21
Members of ASU's Fraternity & Sorority Life are invited to visit with employers for coffee on the morning of Day 2 of the Fall Career Fair. The event will take place in the La Paz Room (#242), starting at 8:30am. Students will meet with employment representatives in a relaxed, social setting. It's a great opportunity to meet with employers, in case you're not able to attend the career fair. You'll be able to visit employers which are offering exceptional job opportunities. It's also a great way to expand your professional network, whether you're looking for a great job or not.
Tips to Achieving Career Network Success
The Greek Ladders Career Network was simply designed to connect employers and their recruiters to quality young talent. The network is a low-cost opportunity for employers and a no-cost solution for college student candidates.
One misnomer is that we conduct placement and recruitment services. While we could, it would prevent us from impacting as many meaningful employer-student connections as we do. As such, we don't track actual hires. Instead, we offer many ways employers and students can engage in rewarding dialogues and interactions.
Here are ways to leverage the career network for success.
- Brand your company in at least one Greek Ladders Weekly bulletin per semester.
- Conduct no less than three live-streamed (and archived) interviews per semester.
- Request for at least one eblast to students per semester.
- Write a blog - will appear on Greek Ladders website and in Greek Ladders Weekly
- Attend each event coordinated by Greek Ladders.
- View candidates in the online career network.
- Submit jobs for posting in the online Job Board.
Most of these tips apply to Tier 1 members.
- Complete your online career profile.
- Send resume to Greek Ladders for review and feedback.
- Send LinkedIn link to Greek Ladders for review and assessment.
- Identify all career interests; update in career profile.
- Attend all events coordinated by Greek Ladders on campus.
- Conduct a brief phone screening call with Greek Ladders.
- Participate in a live-streamed interview with a Greek Ladders employer.
- Conduct a live-streamed interview with Greek Ladders for employers to view and interact.
These tips apply to all students.
We view the career network as a 365-day career fair, thereby creating daily opportunities for recruiters and candidates. Those who take advantage of the offerings find the greatest and most timely success. Those who choose otherwise fall short of their career connection expectations.
We're ready to create incredible career connections and solutions.
Career Fairs scheduled for next week
Tuesday, September 13
- California State University-Northridge - Tech Fest
- Indiana University - Arts & Sciences Fall Career and Internship Fair
- Ohio State University - Career and Internship Fair
- Oklahoma State University - Agricultural, Food, Environmental & Natural Sciences Career Fair
- St. Mary's University - Nonprofit Internship and Volunteer Fair
- University of Nevada-Reno - College of Engineering Career Fair
Wednesday, September 14
- Indiana University - Public Health and Public & Environmental Affairs Career Expo
- Ohio State University - Career and Internship Fair
Thursday, September 15
- Arizona State University - Supply Chain Career Fair
- California State University-San Diego - Fall Career & Internship Fair
- Purdue University - Krannert School of Management Career Fair
Friday, September 16
- New York University - STEM Fall Career Fair
Click here to view the full roster of campus career center links.
Find more career planning tips here...
- What employers look for in resumes
- Action words to use in resumes
- Making Greek Life count on your resume (guest blog)