The Merrill Edge Investment Center at Bank of America seeks candidates to apply to become investment specialist trainees.
Location – Chandler, AZ
The primary role of the Investment Specialist Trainee (trainee) is to acquire the necessary registrations and training to become an Investment Specialist. In addition to studying and acquiring 7 & 63 registrations, Investment Specialist Trainees will be required to complete the new hire training program, including classroom and on the job training activities at the Merrill Edge Home Office. Once a Trainee acquires all required registrations, completes training activities and passes all proficiency assessments, they will transition into a full time Investment Specialist. Full time associates provide account service and guidance to Merrill Edge customers. This may include placing trades on behalf of customers, educating them about investment products and services, and assisting clients in taking advantage of the full range of Bank of America and Merrill Edge services.
Required skills & abilities:
- Series 7 and Series 63 is required; if not currently held, must be obtained within 120 days
- Communicate effectively
- Strong computer skills with an ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Requires basic knowledge of the organization, products and/or services
- Ability to adapt and seek solutions for customers in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or 1-2 years of relevant experience
Preferred skills & abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to actively listen to clients and demonstrate empathy
- Capable of effectively operating in a team oriented and highly collaborative environment
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and oral/written communication skills
- Capable of multi tasking and working efficiently under stress and high volume
- Previous knowledge of client account services
- Demonstrated passion and interest in financial markets
- Proven ability to meet and exceed productivity and quality monitoring goals
- Financial services industry experience
Please submit your resume directly at: bankofamerica.com/campusrecruiting
Click the "Apply" button, located below, and we'll notify our Merrill Edge contact of your interest in the position.