We feature a study conducted by the Barnes & Noble College, which assessed college juniors and seniors. Included are stats, an infographic, and a link for the full report.
As a trusted partner to more than 725 college campuses nationwide, our mission at Barnes & Noble College is to work closely with our campus partners to enhance the academic and social experience for those we serve – students, faculty, staff, alumni and communities. Given that student career readiness is a core goal for colleges/universities and their students, we partnered with Gen Y consulting company, Why Millennials Matter, to conduct this initial nationwide study. Our goal is to gather insight, share strategies and build programs to help the students we serve succeed in and out of the classroom, and to help our campus partners’ achieve their retention, recruitment and career placement outcomes.
Key stats include:
- only 14% have completed a career inventory
- 19% have attended employer information sessions
- 15% have participated in mock interview sessions
- 25% have worked with their career center
- Less than 10% consider themselves actively searching for jobs