Responsible for analyzing, designing, developing and testing software modules that make up Modular’s products.
Do you want to work for an industry leader? Are you a team player who enjoys having a direct impact on customer satisfaction?
Set in a fast-paced environment, where every second counts and high availability is a requirement, Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in providing computer-based real-time systems to the mining industry.
Our products are complex systems that help our customers optimize their production, maximize the use of their equipment, and deliver unique solutions to meet the increasing needs of mining operations. Developing and supporting our products requires technical people who excel in facing up to challenges and enjoy working as part of a continually improving team with a focus on quality and usability.
Modular Mining Systems, a subsidiary of Komatsu, will provide you with the opportunity to have a real impact on highly visible projects that will be deployed across the globe. Some limited international travel may be required. If you are self-motivated and want to be part of an agile team where your opinion matters, then we want to hear from you.
In this role you will be responsible for analyzing, designing, developing and testing software modules that make up Modular’s products. The Software Engineer will participate in development of new systems as well as maintenance of existing systems. Closely follows product development process and industry-accepted development practices and techniques to deliver high quality results on time. Works closely with other Software and System Engineers, Product Managers and Specialists.
Level I Required Skills
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Systems Engineering
- At least 1+ years of proven, relevant experience
- Basic understanding of real-time distributed application development on .NET or Java platform
- Exposure to development languages such as C#, C/C++, and Java.
- Exposure to database technologies: SQL Server 2008, SQL Compact, Reporting Services, Replication
- Basic knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Strong written and interpersonal skills, ability to effectively interact with local and offshore development teams
- Strong analytical skills, experience with domain modeling and requirement elicitation
- Masters' Degree in related field
- Communication technologies: WCF, TCP/IP, Web Services
- UI technologies & packages: Winforms, WPF, Composite UI, Infragistics, DevExpress, Telerik
- Basic understanding of agile development methodology
Click the "Apply" button, located below, to receive a personal recommendation from Greek Ladders.