Responsible for the design, development and occasionally delivery of corporate and technical training for Modular employees and external customers at mine sites that use Modular products.
Modular Mining Systems
Do you want to work for an industry leader? Are you a team player who enjoys having a direct impact on customer satisfaction?
Set in a fast-paced environment, where every second counts and high availability is a requirement, Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in providing computer-based real-time systems to the mining industry.
Our products are complex systems that help our customers optimize their production, maximize the use of their equipment, and deliver unique solutions to meet the increasing needs of mining operations. Developing and supporting our products requires technical people who excel in facing up to challenges and enjoy working as part of a continually improving team with a focus on quality and usability.
Modular Mining Systems, a subsidiary of Komatsu, will provide you with the opportunity to have a real impact on highly visible projects that will be deployed across the globe. Some limited international travel may be required. If you are self-motivated and want to be part of an agile team where your opinion matters, then we want to hear from you.
Training Development Specialist
In this role you will be responsible for the design, development and occasionally delivery of corporate and technical training for Modular employees and external customers at mine sites that use Modular products. This position supports global training efforts by developing certification programs, new product training, and providing remediation. Additional responsibilities include:
- Conduct a needs analysis to determine the need for training.
- Based on needs analysis, design appropriate instructional objectives and content.
- Establish quantifiable metrics to determine learning outcomes
- Use a training plan template to identify the product/project, the purpose of the training, the audience, the objectives, the content, and the metrics.
- Develop and deliver courses including; using Moodle to develop courses, creating storyboards for video recording, creating storyboards for video recording, using SnagIT or Camtasia to capture / video record screen and using MS PowerPoint to create and modify presentations.
- Create a syllabus for the class: what topics are presented and in what order with estimated time.
- Create lesson plans for each topic in the syllabus.
- Develop an instructor guide: includes required material for the course or links to the material, quizzes, and answers
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in instructional design with the ability to:
- Conduct needs analyses to develop appropriate instructional objectives and to establish quantifiable metrics to measure learning outcomes.
- Design/develop online (asynchronous) and instructor-led (synchronous) training courses
- Incorporate various delivery media such as webinars, video, simulations, etc. in training courses.
- Use Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint 2010) etc.
- Use Lectora, Captivate, SnagIt, Final Cut Pro, or other multimedia publishers
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed up to 20% of the time.
Required to have the following:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Instructional Design, Education Technology, Information Systems, Communication, or related field.
- Technical writing background
- Two to five years' experience in software technical support/help desk role
- Experience in the mining industry
- Spanish and/or Portuguese language skills
- Experience working with Moodle LMS & Web 2.0 technologies
- Training/certification in instructional systems design (ISD)
Click the "Apply" button, located below, to receive a personal recommendation from Greek Ladders.