We're all set for tonight's large student and professional networking event. We'll set a record for the largest networking event of its type in the country...maybe on the entire planet! It could also be the largest networking event in northern Nevada history!
What's most important is that 200+ professionals will meet and get to know a ton of great University of Nevada students. The theme is "Building Your Professional Network" and the opportunities are endless...meet potential new hires, recruit members and volunteers, expand contacts, etc.
We'll have a panel of four leaders, who will share networking insights and tips, and plenty of time for everyone to network.
Things to know:
- Don't let parking be a deterrent. Professionals might be asked to pay for parking. I recommend parking on the top floor of the West Stadium Garage, then walking to the student union. Allow a few minutes to park and walk.
- There will not be a check-in table for either professionals or students. Professionals will hand one business card to a volunteer at the fourth floor ballroom entrance. In exchange, a numbered 5"x8" sign will given to each professional. Students will be given one numbered 3"x5" card, which they'll eventually use to confirm participation. More details about the cards at the event.
- The agenda is currently slated to "officially" end at 6:45pm. This could easily change...especially if you're totally engaged in networking.
- We're joining members from the Reno-Tahoe Young Professionals Network at the Wal after the event, where we plan to continue the conversations. All are welcome to join.
- The event is open to all business and non-profit leaders. There's no requirement to RSVP. Bring colleagues!
This will be a lot of fun and a great way to show-off great student leaders and outstanding professionals.