PLS Logistics seeks Account Executive candidates, who will manage books of business that greatly affects their careers and the bottom line.
Job ID: 2014-1262
Job Location: Phoenix, Arizona
As an Account Executive at PLS Logistics, you are empowered to build a book of business that greatly affects your career and the bottom line. Each day, you build and foster strong relationships and negotiate client and carrier freight rates. You are the liaison between the shipper, consignee and carrier. You call the shots and drive PLS Logistics to success, while having the support of the company around you. By joining our growing team of sales professionals in the transportation brokerage division of our new Phoenix office, your earnings are un-capped and your performance is both rewarded & recognized.
- Proactively develop a new portfolio of clients through cold calling industry leads – Building your empire
- Negotiate client and carrier freight rates
- Take charge of client service issues through to the point of resolution
- Be the liaison between shipper, consignee, and carrier
- Build and foster strong relationships all across North America
- Be open to coaching and learning while putting in the time and effort to be successful
- Entrepreneurial spirit & success driven attitude
START: Participate in 1 week of classroom training to learn the basics of logistics
- Crash course on the industry & our systems
MIDDLE: 3 months direct mentorship with our talented Account Executives
- Learn the operations piece inside and out
END: Approximately 13 months of sales coaching from our Group Sales Managers
- In depth sales training to help you prepare to meet the needs and goals of your customers
- Direct support from a Group Sales Manager – ALL of our GSM's started as trainees, so that means they have all sold for us, so you learn from someone who walked a mile in your shoes
- 1-1 coaching sessions, breakout meetings, and all the tools to be successful in sales
What do you get out of all of it?
- $38,000 base salary + commissions = financial freedom
- In-depth sales and logistics training
- Health, dental & vision coverage
- 401K with a company match
- Chairman’s club opportunity = the best of the best
- Career growth = promotions, relocate to great cities, and uncapped earning potential
- College degree: 2 or 4 year degree preferred
- Sales experience a plus
- Military experience a plus
- Extreme multi-tasking
- Work Hard - Play Hard Attitude
- Strong communication Skills
- High Energy and Enthusiasm
- Confident decision making
- Attention to Detail
Over its 25-year history, PLS Logistics Services has become one of the country’s leading logistics management services providers. We are based outside of Pittsburgh, PA in Cranberry Township & with offices in Jacksonville, FL, Tampa, FL, Charlotte, NC, Houston, TX, Dallas, TX, San Antonio, TX, Saint Louis, MO, Las Vegas, NV Phoenix, AZ, Seattle, WA, Philadelphia, PA & downtown Pittsburgh, PA. We have grown into a nationwide family. We take tremendous pride in that family & the work we do. We strive to make an impact not only in our industry but the communities we work in. We ship over one million loads annually across all major freight modes: flatbed, van, LTL, rail & barge, air & ocean. Our customers benefit from our broad PLS Transportation network of over 150,000 trucks representing 20,000 carrier partners, along with Class-1 railroads and major barge companies.
PLS Logistics Services is An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
CLICK HERE to apply directly through PLS Logistics.
Click the "Apply" button, located below, and we'll notify our PLS Logistics contact of your interest.