The Ridge House in Reno Nevada is celebrating 33 years of providing community reentry services for individuals experiencing substance abuse, mental health and criminal justice problems. The non-profit is looking for a Development Director to fuel this growth and to coordinate activities to develop awareness of our programs in the community.
The Director of Development is responsible for the development and implementation of long-range and short-range plans for raising funds to support the programs and administration of Ridge House. The Director will initially raise approximately $200,000 annually with sights on growing that amount over the next five years. The Director reports to the Executive Director and will work closely with other senior staff and the program directors when appropriate.
Individual Donor Program, Foundation and Corporate Giving
• Provide leadership to the overall development efforts of Ridge House; strategize and implement a comprehensive fundraising plan in consultation with Executive Director, program staff, and the Board.
• Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward individual, corporate and foundation prospects.
• Manage all aspects of the annual giving appeal; including managing all aspects of Board on peer-to-peer solicitations.
• Organize and conduct donor site visits and donor stewardship reports; ensures timely donor stewardship and cultivation.
• Manages all in-kind donations and donated product program.
• Lead and execute all Ridge House special events.
• Oversee and manage all aspects of the annual Freedom Run and development of an annual gala, silent auction, and donor recognition.
• Work with program staff to execute other special events including ribbon cuttings/celebrations at program sites.
• Provide support to Human Resources on the annual staff luncheon.
• Conceptualize, write, and edit grant proposals, cultivation and stewardship materials related to individual, foundation, and corporate prospects and donors.
• Manage Ridge House's web communications; including writing for all types of social media.
• Support public relations and marketing initiatives across a variety of media.
• Manage all aspects of Board's involvement in fundraising and development activities; attend all Board meetings.
• Work with Nominating Committee Chair with new member solicitations; work with Development Chair.
• Support the Development Committee by completing tasks as assigned by the Development Committee Chair and Executive Director in a timely fashion.
• Oversee volunteer development staff/interns -- Development Associates and Development Assistants.
• Oversee all fiscal and financial operations related to donations to Ridge House.
• Responsible for development updates to the Board of Directors, Executive Committee, Development Committee and Executive Director.
• Oversee maintenance of donor database.
• Work on multiple tasks, projects, and set priorities for the Development department's workload.
Desired Background and Skills:
At least 7 to 10 years of demonstrated fundraising experience; including direct solicitation of individual donors; Bachelors' degree required.
• Demonstrated ability to perform across the fundraising spectrum, including prospect.
• Identification (corporate, foundation, individuals), proposal writing, and donor stewardship.
• Excellent communication skills, excellent research, writing, analytical, and organizational skills, including an ability to write outstanding proposals and reports.
• Experience with, public relations, and/or web communications a plus.
• Flexibility -- ability to work under pressure and as a member of a team.
• Creative and resourceful; possess intellectual agility and an ability to think strategically.
• Highly organized and efficient; be self-directed, independent worker who takes initiative and is interested in helping to create systems and processes to support this position.
• Strong interpersonal skills -- ability to work with people of influence and affluence.
• Experience working with Nevada based nonprofit community-based organizations and knowledge of substance abuse/mental health, homelessness, affordable housing and human services preferred.
• Computer skills; experience with a donor management database system.
Additional Salary Information: Commensurate with Experience.
Email resume, cover letter and salary history to this email.
Click the Apply button, located below, and receive a personal recommendation from Greek Ladders. We happen to know the Ridge House extremely well!!!