The Internal Communications & Events Coordinator is the Team Member and Company liaison. This person is responsible for keeping Team Members informed of what is going on in the Company and community through newsletters, flyers, memos, and calendars. In addition to communications, this person is also responsible for coordinating all Team Member recognition events and engagement activities.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Key point person for communications and events efforts for Eldorado Reno, Silver Legacy and Circus Circus Reno projects/initiatives.
- Design and maintain property bulletin boards.
- Create monthly Team Member newsletters, calendars, and birthday lists as well as attention grabbing informational documents, signs, banners, etc. as needed.
- Maintain all Human Resources bulletin boards including information and design.
- Monitor and disseminate information collected from the Team Member suggestion boxes.
- Schedule, plan and coordinate all Team Member events to include Children’s Christmas Party, Halloween Costume and Pumpkin Decorating Contests, Team Member of the Quarter and Service Awards Recognition Events, Team Member Rummage Sales, Appreciation Events, Special Event Dress Up Days, etc. Will also assist with coordinating participation in offsite community events including volunteer opportunities, runs/walks, ski days, etc.
- Assist with coordination of the Partners in Education Programs with Wooster High School and Sparks High School including coordinating volunteer opportunities, donation requests, job training, property tours, scholarships, and hosted events on and off property.
- Attend HR staff meetings and other property meetings as needed.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Other job related duties as may be assigned.
- Must have excellent communication and observation skills.
- Ability to read, write and communicate verbally in English.
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines, work under pressure and handle multiple priorities.
- Good organizational skills required.
- Skills in preparing and maintaining records, writing and developing documents, and responding to correspondence.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Must understand and comply with all Company rules/regulations, policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of computer programs to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Publisher). Additional design program skills helpful.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills, with exemplary attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Phone correspondence and public relation skills.
- Ability to interact and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Skills in establishing and maintaining positive and effective working relationships with staff and other departments.
- Must have the ability to provide our internal and external guests with excellent service and have an easygoing demeanor to ensure a fun and safe environment for everyone.
If you plan to apply, click the "Apply" button, located below, and we'll notify the hiring director of your interest.