Silver Legacy Resort Casino, located in Reno, seeks an IT Coordinator.
City, State: Reno, NV
Job Code: 3279
Department: Information Technology
Employment Status: Full-Time
Purpose of Job:
· Report directly to the IT Director.
· Works cooperatively with Operation, Network Engineers, PC LAN specialists and Programmers.
· Interacts with other departments via phone and one on one.
· Primarily days.
Employee Conduct Code:
· Employee will report to work on time, adhere to behavior, dress and grooming guidelines. Provide courteous and friendly service to all Eldorado guests and employees. Promote a safe work environment and report problems as they arise. The employee has an affirmative duty to stay current with and apply all pertinent company and departmental policies procedures and rules.
Essential Functions - Includes but is not limited to the following:
1) Administrative tasks:
· Write letters, memos and miscellaneous correspondence.
· Coordinate meetings, including personally contacting executives or their secretary, reach compatible time, book the meeting room, takes the minutes, write minutes and handle distribution.
· Answer phones, screen calls, direct calls and take messages.
· Obtain necessary pricing and quotes from vendors.
· Generate purchase requisitions and stock requisitions in IP, submit for proper approvals, place the order and follow-up on status.
· Processing of invoices and tracking of company equipment.
· Research and write monthly financial analysis.
· Research and write yearly budget.
· Maintain all files and handle mail.
· Copy documents, handle faxes and shred confidential material.
· Enter and track all assets in Track-it.
· Maintain and process all repairs, RMA’s and returns.
· Maintain, renew and negotiate company contracts on hardware and software.
· Knows basics of Operations and take/handle low level user calls (printing, devices, MS office, Outlook, etc.)
2) Information Security Tasks:
· Documents security policies and procedures created by IT department, Business owners, and internal auditor.
· Initiates, facilitates, and promotes activities to create information security awareness.
· Implements and ensures compliance of IT security policies and procedures.
· Coordinates the activities directed by and relating to Information Security.
· Perform auditing and record keeping associated with selected security-relevant items.
· Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions and access rights to various systems including SDS, AS400, CMS, MMS, LMS, Infinium, Kronos, Poker Pro, Network, gmail, OTA, Showgate etc.
Certificates, Degrees or Licenses Required:
· Must have a permit to work in the United States.
· High School education or equivalent.
· Computer skills.
· Must be fully able to write, read, listen and speak English clearly.
· Ability to prepare written daily reports and write legibly.
Location of Job Duties:
· Silver Legacy IS Department.
· Office space: cramped, everyone has his own work space.
· Casino floor: Frequent tobacco smoke. Crowded conditions, and accompanying noise level.
Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
· Must be able to handle stressful situations professionally.
· Bending and squatting.
· Must be able to walk or stand for eight hours. Traveling to other departments across Eldorado and Silver Legacy properties and to the MIS data storage room located on the fifth floor of the Eldorado.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities and/or Experience Required:
· Must have the ability to provide quick and efficient assistance to fellow employees, have excellent communications skills and observations skills. Must be able to follow with tasks as assigned in a fast and well-organized manner.
Quality/Quantity of Work:
· 1-3 years in office administration for a data processing environment.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Excellent written and oral communications skills in English.
· Appropriate phone skills.
· Speed and accuracy when typing.
· Must have excellent organizational skills.
· Must be able to work without supervision and take the initiative.
· Needs excellent reading comprehension.
· Possess math skills.
· Must be multi-task oriented.
· Must be self-motivated and willing to ask questions about projects and procedures.
· Must accurately, neatly, and thoroughly complete assigned tasks.
· Must be punctual, reliable and able to adhere to work and break schedules.
· If absent from work, the Director must be notified at least two hours before the scheduled shift.
· Over time must be approved by the Manager of Operations.
· Excessive attendance and tardiness will result in disciplinary action.
· Must be neat, wear appropriate uniform, and have good hygiene.
This list of essential functions, other duties, mental and physical demands, requirements and licenses is not meant to be exhaustive and management reserves the right to revise job descriptions and to require other tasks to be performed as the circumstances of the job changes.
CLICK HERE to apply directly with Eldorado.
If you plan to apply, be sure to click the "Apply" button below. We'll immediately contact the hiring director and put in a good word for you.