Summer is a great time to decompress, recharge, and gear up for the next stage of your college or professional career. As you enjoy all that summer brings, be sure to be proactive about career planning opportunities.
If you recently graduated and are feverishly looking for a job, contact us immediately! We’ll coach you through the situation and work to connect you to promising employment opportunities.
If you’re not on an urgent job-seeking course, take the time to enhance your appeal to potential employers. Dedicate some time to spruce up your appeal and get noticed.
Here are a few suggestions to boosting your career appeal during the summer:
- Update your resume with recent work-related and on-campus club experience.
- Share your resume with others for review. Send to us, as we’re happy to provide feedback.
- Update your LinkedIn profile. If you’re not sure how, contact us and we’ll give you pointers.
- Network - talk to co-workers, family friends, people at church, etc. about your career interests. Ask questions about their experiences, career planning tips, and connections to the industry(ies) of your interest.
- Join the Greek Ladders Career Network as a job-seeking candidate (click here). It's free and we work with you along your path toward ideal career connections.
- Build your online career profile by inputting your Greek and campus affiliations (click here), major and class year (click here), campus and chapter involvement (click here), and career vision and interests (click here). We're happy to talk you through the process.
We work with employers, which are seeking interns and full-time hires. They’re looking for quality, career-ready talent. Through the career network, they're personally introduced to candidates and view each candidate's online profile. Actively maintaining your online profile will trigger employers to target you, as well as develop a great understanding of your interest, readiness, and potential success.
Whether you're looking to get hired for an internship, first post-graduate job, or summer job, we want to help you leverage the summer break to take your career planning to a new level!