The Electrical Design Engineer I will conceptualize, specify, design, research, and integrate electronic, electrical and mechanical products.
About Modular Mining Systems:
Are you looking for new challenges and rewards? Do you want to work for an industry leader? Modular Mining Systems, Inc., a subsidiary of Komatsu, is the global leader in the design and installation of real-time computer-based mine management systems. Check us out at www.ModularMining.com. We are seeking the following position to be located in our world headquarters in Tucson, Arizona:
About the position:
The Electrical Design Engineer I will Conceptualize, specify, design, research, and integrate electronic, electrical and mechanical products, ranging from component and circuit level designs to buy-resale items. The role will also provide or oversee the controlled release of industry accepted documentation and provide 3rd tier technical support for released products.
- Design, develop and integrate electronic boards and hardware systems by conceiving, specifying, documenting, troubleshooting and designing through release to manufacturing to meet customer and company requirements.
- Research and study key topics throughout the year to remain technically sharp in important key areas. This includes, circuit design, power distribution, wireless & RF, and interface protocols.
- Support legacy products by implementing modifications and enhancements to ensure functionality is maintained.
- Demonstrate firm grasp of basic principles of electronics and electrical engineering. Become the company expert in one or two advanced areas key to the company.
- As a domain expert, provide technical expertise and support to the rest of the company and external customers.
- Share domain expertise by documenting important principles and information in reports and/or whitepapers.
- Exceed at technical problem-solving and analysis.
- Constantly strive to seek out and increase domain knowledge in areas of value to the company
- Hold concept, prototype, and design reviews (multiple if needed) in order to ensure that everyone is aligned and in agreement throughout the design process. Resolve all issues before proceeding to next stage.
- Ensure that accurate and thorough SharePoint HW page(s) are created following a project.
**Domestic and international travel required: 20%**
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- MSHA certification (obtained on the job)
- Strong design engineering aptitude and analytical skills
- Minimum of 1 year work experience in the field
- Ability and willingness to travel to mine-sites as required in order to resolve product problems
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%
Click the "Apply" button, located below, to receive a personal recommendation from Greek Ladders.