A unique opportunity is being launched to connect fraternity and sorority members to career opportunities. Through a collaborative relationship between University of Arizona Career Services and the Fraternity & Sorority Programs office, the FSP Career Coordinator position exists to provide career readiness opportunities and introduce students to employers.
The Coordinator(s) will work closely with Career Services to coordinate events, connect with recruiters and chapter leaders, and provide career planning resources.
Pete Corrigan (University of Arizona Career Services)
University of Arizona Career Services
5 -7 hours per week for each of the two career coordinators
- Recruit at least one member of every fraternity and sorority organization on the University of Arizona campus to serve as a chapter liaison (or representative).
- Work with each chapter representative to provide resources, schedule speakers, and coordinate events to members.
- Encourage students to visit the Career Services office to meet staff and take advantage of resources.
- Promote career events taking place on campus to fraternity and sorority members.
- Interface with employers for special events needs and introduce to students.
- Understands for student life, fraternity and sorority leadership, career planning
- Good verbal communication skills
- Creative and enthusiastic
- Willingness to speak to individual students, small groups and employers
- Stipend offered through Fraternity & Sorority Programs
- Establish strong connections with employers
- Letter of reference when pursuing jobs
Please submit resumes and letters of interest to email@example.com by October 31.
A career events schedule is available for University of Arizona students. The schedule features events coordinated by the University, as well as Greek Ladders and its partners.Read more
Welcome to Greek Ladders, a company specializing in connecting employers with outstanding student talent. Launched in March 2013, the company works with candidates affiliated with over 95 different college campuses, by providing tools, resources, activities, and connections, as they navigate their career planning and advancement paths.
Our goals with the University of Arizona are many, but the first is to connect Arizona students with ideal employment opportunities. We want to actively guide students and alumni to tap into a wide array of career planning resources and potential employers. Developing collaborative relationships with the University, starting with its fraternal leaders, fosters the following objectives:
- Guiding students to make the most of campus career centers;
- Conducting career development workshops, fairs, and networking receptions;
- Recruiting corporate and non-profit leaders to present at workshops and presentations; and,
- Coordinating specialized career-oriented activities, such as resume reviews, mock interviewing, and career fair prep sessions.
- Elevating significance and value of fraternal membership
- Increasing participation of alumni/ae through career mentor programs
- Provide charitable funding for scholarships, fraternal programming, etc.
- Hosting a dedicated webpage featuring career-related links and information for Arizona students
- Promoting key Arizona campus career events and featuring on our career calendar
Career events currently scheduled and proposed at Arizona during the 2016/2017 school year.
- Wildcat Student Employment Fair - 8/24/2016
- Career Services Launch - 9/16/2016
- Eller Expo - 9/19/2016
- Fall Career Days (Day #1) - 9/20/2016
- FSL & Employer Coffee - 9/21/2016
- Fall Career Days (Day #2) - 9/21/2016
- All-Greek Career Night - 10/19/2016
- Graduate School Day - 11/2/2016
- College of Engineering iExpo - 2/7/2017
- Education & Non-Profit Career Day - 2/13/2017
- Reverse Career Fair - 2/15/2017
- All-Greek Career Carnival - 3/1/2017
- Spring Career Days (Day #1) - 3/7/2017
- FSL & Employer Coffee - 3/8/2017
- Spring Career Days (Day #2) - 3/8/2017
- All-Greek Career Boost Networking Night - 4/26/2017
Some dates will be changed/added. Greek Ladders frequently collaborates with students, fraternity and sorority chapters, and campus departments to orchestrate workshops and special career events, introduce to employers, and share career planning best practices.
New Opportunities for 2016/2017
- Students will be introduced to employers more frequently and proactively than in the past. To qualify for the introductions, students may be required to complete a certain degree of their online career profile and submit a resume.
- Upon joining the Greek Ladders Career Network, each student’s social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) will be scanned. Advice will be given, especially to develop a more appealing LinkedIn profile.
- Upon joining the Career Network, students will be invited to conduct an in-person meeting or phone call to help Greek Ladders better understand career interests, and answer questions.
- We can design a career certification model for chapters (and all clubs/organizations). He can do so in collaboration with the appropriate student affairs leadership.
- We may host regular “office hours,” making himself be available on campus to meet with students (individually and groups) to discuss career planning, leadership, fraternity/sorority life, or philanthropy. Possible locations could be the Student Union, FSL Office, mall, or anywhere.
Click here or the image to download a special one-sheet.
Register to join the Greek Ladders Career Network and gain access to thousands of student leaders. Rates start at $100 per year. Click to proceed.
Arizona-based business and non-profit leaders are invited to an evening of networking on the University of Arizona campus. There's no cost to participate in this unique opportunity to brand your business, share career planning insight, and meet future professional leaders.Read more
Full-time Sales Representative
We are seeking talented people to join our team of professionals. Our nationwide team consists of individuals who are leaders in insurance, financial, estate, family and business planning.
Description of Activities and Responsibilities:
As a licensed agent, you will be responsible for scheduling appointments, meeting with clients, analyzing clients’ information, making product recommendations and providing ongoing service. Agents work in the personal and business markets. They can help clients meet their estate, retirement and benefit needs through the insurance and financial products they offer.
We require highly motivated individuals who are willing to invest their time and energy into creating profitable and rewarding careers.
At New York Life, we take your training seriously. We offer state of the art marketing support and extensive ongoing training through NYLIC University. Not only will you be trained through our NYLIC University program, but also through local Managers and full-time Trainers who are extremely proficient in teaching the knowledge and skills needed to get off to a fast start.
"Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V"
If you're interested in this position, please click the "Apply" box.
Greek Ladders and inqiri have entered a partnership to provide greater value to the collegiate recruitment space. inqiri, of Reno, Nevada, designed a unique cognitive assessment system used by businesses and government agencies to better understand core needs as a stimulus in the decision-making process.Read more
Yelp is seeking driven Account Managers with a commitment to providing exceptional client support with the goal of retaining and growing revenue. As an Account Manager you will be responsible for all post-sales support of Local Business Advertisers.
- Manage a book of business with revenue retention and growth in mind, while providing exceptional client support.
- Proactively manage advertising packages to ensure an overall great experience with Yelp.
- Partner with the sales team to ensure clients are receiving proper program expectations.
- Pursue upsell opportunities by showing the value of Yelp's advertising program.
- Actively communicate with Yelp's finance team to collect and resolve all outstanding payments and subscription fees.
- Represent Yelp and act as a positive member of our vibrant and growing company.
- Bachelors Degree or 5+ years of relevant account management or client facing experience
- Computer Proficiency
- Ambitious (you never settle for mediocrity)
- Experience in sales or advertising desired
- Ability to receive and implement feedback immediately
- Strong belief in proactive rather than reactive approach to handling clients and problems
- Solid ability to handle tough conversations with business owners in a professional, solution-oriented manner
- A passion and deep understanding of customer service and business growth
- Ability to multitask, adapt and manage over 700 clients
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to track numerous details
- Strong interpersonal communication (both verbal and written)
So - What’s in it for you?
- We offer our employees initial and ongoing training, a comfortable work environment with shiny Apple computers and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee only coverage)
- 15 days PTO and 11 paid holidays
- Monthly gym subsidy
- Employee stock incentive
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401k program with employer match
- Fully stocked Yelp kitchens
If interested in applying for this job, simply click the "Apply" box.
Join Yelp as a Marketing Intern and gain real experience marketing to real people!
Yelp is a website where over 117 million people (monthly) read and write reliable and trustworthy reviews of local businesses (restaurants, bars, shopping, just to name a few) from across communities in the US, the UK, Canada, France, Germany, Austria, Spain, Italy and so forth. Community Managers in over 100 Yelp communities are responsible for marketing, PR, other social media outlets, event planning, e-newsletter campaigns, and various odds and ends on the local level — but they can’t do it alone!
Yelp Interns play an integral part in supporting activities designed to rally the Yelp community both online and off.
As a Yelp Marketing Intern You’ll Benefit From:
- Practical experience with new media marketing techniques
- Plenty of opportunities to shadow and spend time with the Community Manager including weekly meetings for coaching and professional development
- A rich network of personal and professional contacts
- As much Yelp marketing schwag as can be swallowed
So What Are Some Possible Responsibilities of a Yelp Marketing Intern?
- Helping develop, organize and execute marketing events (parties, happy hours) and guerilla marketing programs (festivals, street ambushes, etc)
- Co-managing the Twitter handle and Facebook page
- Keeping Yelp clean with on-site projects, writing and researching
- Online community building
- You live to write and write to live and may help craft super Yelpy copy
Other Program Details
- 3-6 month program; can be renewed with approval.
- 8-16 flexible hours per week.
- Currently lives/resides in the Tucson area.
- Interns must have reliable transportation and be 21+, as we'll need your help at bars, clubs and other age-restricted venues.
Ready to apply? Click the "Apply" box.
A very big thank you to University of Arizona and Sigma Phi Epsilon alumnus, Zane Stoddard, for hosting a conversation in Careers in Sports. Students gained deeper understanding of what’s needed to secure employment in entertainment and sports from an outstanding leader.Read more
It's no secret that Crescent Crown Distributing is an outstanding corporation. However, the company and its 1,100 employees heavily committed to local communities.Read more