A career events schedule is available for University of Nevada students. The schedule features events coordinated by the University, as well as Greek Ladders and its partners.Read more
Welcome to Greek Ladders, a company specializing in connecting employers with outstanding student talent. Launched in March 2013, the company works with candidates affiliated with over 95 different college campuses, by providing tools, resources, activities, and connections, as they navigate their career planning and advancement paths.
Our goals with the University of Nevada are many, but the first is to connect Nevada students with ideal employment opportunities. We want to actively guide students and alumni to tap into a wide array of career planning resources and potential employers. Developing collaborative relationships with the University, starting with its fraternal leaders, fosters the following objectives:
- Guiding students to make the most of campus career centers and the Career Studio;
- Conducting career development workshops, fairs, and networking receptions;
- Recruiting corporate and non-profit leaders to present at workshops and presentations; and,
- Coordinating specialized career-oriented activities, such as resume reviews, mock interviewing, and career fair prep sessions.
- Elevating significance and value of fraternal membership
- Increasing participation of alumni/ae through career mentor programs
- Provide charitable funding for scholarships, fraternal programming, etc.
- Hosting a dedicated webpage featuring career-related links and information for Nevada students
- Promoting key Nevada campus career events and featuring on our career calendar
Career events currently scheduled at Nevada during the 2016/2017 school year.
- Part-Time Job & Internship Expo - 9/1/2016
- College of Engineering Career Fair - 9/13/2016
- Prepare for the Fair - 10/5/2016
- All Majors Networking Reception - 10/12/2016
- All Majors Career and Internship Fair - 10/13/2016
- Fraternity/Sorority and Employer Networking Hour - 11/2/2016
- Career and Internship Expo - 11/3/2016
- BizTalk Blender - 11/4/2016
- All-Greek Leadership Summit - 11/13/2016
- Fraternity/Sorority and Employer Networking Hour - 2/1/2017
- Career and Internship Expo - 2/2/2017
- STEM Career & Internship Fair - 2/15/2017
- Greek Week Career Carnival - 3/9/2017
- All-Majors Career Fair - 3/15/2017
Some dates will be changed/added. Greek Ladders frequently collaborates with students, fraternity and sorority chapters, and campus departments to orchestrate workshops and special career events, introduce to employers, and share career planning best practices.
Exciting Additions for 2016/2017
- Students will be introduced to employers more frequently and proactively than in the past. To qualify for the introductions, students may be required to complete a certain degree of their online career profile and submit a resume.
- Upon joining the Greek Ladders Career Network, each student’s social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) will be scanned. Advice will be given, especially to develop a more appealing LinkedIn profile.
- Upon joining the Career Network, students will be invited to conduct an in-person meeting or phone call to help Greek Ladders better understand career interests, and answer questions.
- Pete can design a career certification model for chapters (and all clubs/organizations). He can do so in collaboration with the appropriate student affairs leadership (e.g. Marcelo Vasquez).
- Pete can host weekly “office hours,” making himself be available on campus to meet with students (individually and groups) to discuss career planning, leadership, fraternity/sorority life, or philanthropy. Possible locations could be the Joe, FSL Office, Career Studio, Quad, or anywhere.
Click here or the image to download a special one-sheet.
Register to join the Greek Ladders Career Network and gain access to thousands of student leaders. Rates start at $100 per year. Click to proceed.
The University of Nevada's College of Business is hosting a unique event to connect qualified graduating seniors with employers offering summer internships and full-time positions.Read more
A special thanks to the University of Nevada Chapter of Order of Omega for having us present a career planning workshop.Read more
The All-Greek Networking Night at the University of Nevada was an incredible success!Read more
For just over $11 per week, you can recruit from University of Nevada student and alumni talent!
Nearly 2,000 students are active members of the University's fraternity and sorority life. We not only have direct access to all of these student leaders, we're managing online career profiles for many of them.
Where else can you source through internship and full-time candidates, brand your company, speak at workshops, and attend networking functions?
The Greek Ladders Model is simple and effective, providing employers with two options.
We charge an annual subscription to businesses and non-profit organizations seeking young talent to meet employment needs and goals. Access to student and alumnus candidates affiliated with the University of Nevada costs $600 per year...that's just $50 per month.
Signing up today gives you:
Branding to nearly 2,000 students attending the University
Access to hundreds of online career profiles of Nevada students and alumni
Distribute an e-Blast message to all Nevada candidates on the Greek Ladders career network distribution list
Post an unlimited number of jobs to the private Job Board
Invitation to speak at career-related workshops
Scheduling of presentations to small groups, such as chapter meetings
Invitation to attend All-Greek networking events
Feature company branded videos and podcasts within the Greek Ladders Career Network
Personal introductions and referrals to candidates by Greek Ladders
Directory of candidates, featuring career information, resumes, and social media connections
Take advantage of our placement service, where we proactively match and introduce you to outstanding student and young professional talent.
Joining the Career Network is easy!
Full-time Sales Representative
We are seeking talented people to join our team of professionals. Our nationwide team consists of individuals who are leaders in insurance, financial, estate, family and business planning.
Description of Activities and Responsibilities:
As a licensed agent, you will be responsible for scheduling appointments, meeting with clients, analyzing clients’ information, making product recommendations and providing ongoing service. Agents work in the personal and business markets. They can help clients meet their estate, retirement and benefit needs through the insurance and financial products they offer.
We require highly motivated individuals who are willing to invest their time and energy into creating profitable and rewarding careers.
At New York Life, we take your training seriously. We offer state of the art marketing support and extensive ongoing training through NYLIC University. Not only will you be trained through our NYLIC University program, but also through local Managers and full-time Trainers who are extremely proficient in teaching the knowledge and skills needed to get off to a fast start.
"Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V"
If you're interested in this position, please click the "Apply" box.
Intern position with opportunity to advance to paid position within 60 days. Position assists full-time Executive Recruiters/Placement professionals learning all facets of the RPO market. Check out our website at CVirtual.com and become a member of our dynamic team! CVirtual is a full-service, customized 'cloud-based' recruiter based in Reno.
Headquartered in Reno, Nevada, CVirtual harnesses only the most effective and innovative recruiting technologies to ensure our clients receive the highest quality in personalized Professional Placement and Staff Augmentation Services. Our CVirtual Video Interviews™ provide our clients with the latest technology to Preview, Evaluate, and Select the best candidates.
Visit www.CVirtual.com to learn more about this great company.
If you're interested in this position, simply click the "Apply" box.
We enjoy reading letters and testimonial from the candidates and employers we connect. Here's one we chose to share from CVirtual of Reno, Nevada.Read more
Greek Ladders and inqiri have entered a partnership to provide greater value to the collegiate recruitment space. inqiri, of Reno, Nevada, designed a unique cognitive assessment system used by businesses and government agencies to better understand core needs as a stimulus in the decision-making process.Read more