In 1975, a small but uniquely structured mutual fund company came into being. More than a quarter-century later, Vanguard is internationally known for exceptional client service and the highest-value products in the industry.
Most investment firms are publicly traded or privately owned. Vanguard is different. We're owned by the Vanguard funds, which are owned by our clients. Helping our investors achieve their goals is our sole reason for existence. With no other parties to answer to and no conflicting loyalties, we can keep investing costs as low as possible.
At Vanguard, you'll be part of a culture that calls for doing what is right in every situation, every day.
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, and Sydney, Australia
- Hong Kong
- London, England
- Paris, France
- Tokyo, Japan
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Scottsdale, Arizona; Valley Forge, Pennsylvania; Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
- Career opportunities available
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Corporate headquarters: Valley Forge, Pennsylvania.
- Founded: May 1, 1975.
- Total assets: More than $3 trillion in global assets under management (as of September 30, 2014).
- Number of funds: More than 160 U.S. funds (including variable annuity portfolios), plus more than 120 additional funds in international markets.
- Chairman and CEO: F. William McNabb III.
- Number of employees (referred to as "crew"): More than 14,200 in U.S. and international locations (as of September 30, 2014).
Vanguard, one of the world's largest investment management companies, serves individual investors, institutions, employer-sponsored retirement plans, and financial professionals. We have a diverse and talented crew with a culture that promotes teamwork, along with an unwavering focus on serving our clients' best interests.