Trunk Club seeks Sales Intern candidates interested in solving difficult problems around scaling authentic personal relationships
Position: Sales Intern
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Reports to: Sales Director
Trunk Club (www.trunkclub.com) was started to solve a simple problem – shopping for clothes in stores or online just doesn’t work for most people. It’s overwhelming, inconvenient, and takes way too much time. With Trunk Club, men and women discover awesome clothes that are perfect for them without ever having to go shopping. We combine top brands, expert service, and unparalleled convenience to deliver a highly personalized experience that helps people look their best.
We start by scouring the planet for the very best in men's and women's apparel, curating an ever-evolving assortment of pieces from our favorite designers. With the best inventory anywhere as our point of departure, a Stylist on our team hand-selects a trunk of items based on each customer’s needs and tastes. They keep what they love and send the rest right back to us, at no cost to them.
Our team is based in Chicago, IL, Washington, DC, Dallas, TX, Los Angeles, and New York. Since launching in December 2009, we have grown from four to over 1,000, and in 2014, we were acquired by Nordstrom. We're actively looking for amazing people to join our team!
Who we are looking for:
As Trunk Club’s sales force and member base experiences significant growth, we are looking for motivated and goal-driven interns to maintain and increase our customer database while supporting our Stylists. This is a unique opportunity to be exposed to a start-up environment and learn from our top sales people.
- Maintain and enhance communications with existing customers in house, over the phone, and via email
- Provide remarkable support to our growing sales team so they can focus on selling
- Shadow current Stylists during on-site appointments by selecting and organizing the merchandise
- Greet guests and assist at reception when needed
- Fold product from in-house appointments and run the shelves, assist with unpacking/tagging/folding new product and stocking the shelves
- Identify prospective clients and customers via cold calls, warm leads, email, and social media
- Complete a summer-long project to be presented at the finale of the internship
- Undergraduate or recent graduate preferably in a retail, merchandising, communications, business, marketing, or related Bachelor’s program
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work under deadlines
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment
- Strong work ethic and a positive attitude
- A desire to contribute to the sales team, but also to impact our culture
9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday
Summer 2016 - 8 week program
Click the “Apply” button, located below, and we’ll notify our Trunk Club contact of your interest.