Immunize Nevada, a 501c3 nonprofit organization, seeks a Volunteer & Outreach Manager for its Las Vegas, Nevada, office.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Volunteer and Outreach Manager is responsible for managing volunteers as well as coordinating community immunization and health outreach efforts in southern Nevada.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees and implements all elements of a volunteer management program that supports the mission and activities of Immunize Nevada.
- Designs and maintains a successful volunteer management program that includes recruitment, orientation, training, support, appreciation and tracking.
- Works with the Immunize Nevada team to fulfill functions of a consistent volunteer program statewide.
- Works with the Immunize Nevada team to develop and/or utilize individual volunteers and volunteers from social, civic and local organizations.
- Organizes, coordinates and manages the recruitment of volunteers for community events.
- Maintains accurate volunteer records including contact information, hours and roles and provide monthly reports on volunteer activity.
- Acts as first responder to all volunteer inquiries via phone and email.
- Designs and manages southern Nevada outreach program to support the mission and campaigns of Immunize Nevada.
- Communicates with partners about material and resource needs; and facilitates delivery. Identifies and attends community events (i.e., festivals, health fairs) in target community areas.
- Acts as organization spokesperson for media inquiries as needed.
- Ability to communicate in small and large groups in English/Spanish.
Manage community volunteers
- Bachelors Degree in related field; health sciences or public health preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience with nonprofits, volunteering, volunteer organizing and/or community outreach.
- A combination of education and/or relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of the degree requirements.
- Up-to-date vaccinations preferred
Generally works in an office environment but may be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting, evening and weekend hours often required. Must possess ability and willingness to perform job-related travel, majority within the state of Nevada. Vacation blackout periods due to program and event schedule may apply.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 85% employer paid comprehensive medical, vision and dental coverage
- Employer paid STD and LTD policies
- Voluntary benefits, FSA and DCA plans
- 25 days paid personal time off and 8 paid holidays
- Flexible hours and telecommuting options
- Wellness focused culture
- Baby-Inclusive workplace
CLICK HERE to apply directly through Immunize Nevada.
If you're interested in applying, please click the "Apply" button below. We'll contact Immunize Nevada's executive director to inform of your interest.