The recruitment teams from Silver Legacy Resort Casino and Eldorado Hotel Casino provide job and internship candidates with tips on what they and other employers seek in anyone seeking employment.
- Make sure your clothes are clean and pressed.
- Wear long pants/skirts.
- Do NOT wear short skirts, t-shirts, shorts and sunglasses; the send the wrong message.
- Don’t wear a uniform from another business.
- Always shave; hair should be neat and presentable.
- Take care of your personal hygiene.
- Act interested – speak clearly, listen, have a positive attitude and maintain eye contact.
The Employment Application
- Supply a local address and phone number – even if temporary.
- If you frequently move – have an explanation why.
- Don’t make up dates or names – Personnel offices check.
- Show consecutive jobs or vocations – if not, explain all gaps.
- Have a resume available – one page maximum.
- Have a list of previous employers, their addresses, phone numbers and supervisor’s names.
- Take your time completing the application – it is a picture of you.
- Ask yourself what you can offer the company. Sell Yourself!
- Be patient – be polite.
- Follow up on application. Remember the person’s name with whom you spoke.
- If scheduled for an interview, be prompt.
Things to Remember for an Interview.
- Dress appropriately
- Bring your resume
- Greet and offer a firm handshake
- Breathe & relax (don’t rush)
- Act confident (& enthusiastic)
- Listen & Answer their questions
- Maintain eye contact and smile
- Ask them a couple of questions (& for a business card)
- Thank them for their time & for the interview
- Have fun!
Do you like this post?