As an Account Executive you'll help transform the local business landscape, influencing how people make buying decisions from finding a dentist to where they’re having dinner tonight.
Sales & Operations
Job is Located in Scottsdale, AZ
Since 2004, our mission has been connecting people with great local businesses. We’ve fundamentally changed the way consumers make buying decisions by taking word of mouth online. Yelp brings transparency to the local business market, and we believe in helping consumers make smarter and more informed decisions about where to spend their money.
Our fast-paced sales team has an infectiously positive attitude and drive to win. If you’re looking for a career (not a job), a company that's invested in your personal development, a solid compensation package, and great training, you’ve come to the right place.
Task at Hand
- Manage your own leads: utilize online and offline sources to cultivate new leads and develop/maintain your pipeline
- Make a high volume of daily outbound sales calls to business owners across all verticals
- Drive the full sales cycle to attain new business: make introductory calls, assess business goals through qualifying, work with business owners in Yelp’s platform and advertising packages, and close the deal
- Achieve and consistently exceed monthly sales goals
- Bachelor’s degree or 3+ successful years in high volume sales
- Resilience and an ability to overcome objections
- Positive attitude and a drive to win
- Are coachable, implement feedback, and are dedicated to consistent self improvement
- Have demonstrated sales aptitude, with relentlessly high standards (you’re never satisfied with mediocrity)
- Are assertive, persistent, a good listener, and persuasive
- Are genuinely curious about people, local business, and possess the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Adapt to new situations quickly and think on your feet. When faced with new challenges, or tough conversations, failure simply isn't an option
You’ll Get Better Every Day
- Comprehensive initial 60-day and ongoing training
- Learn communication and sales techniques that will help you to never hear NO again! (Even outside of work).
- Master the top CRM program, Salesforce.com. Yes, resume bling!
- Train with current top producers and improve daily with feedback
- Become an expert in internet advertising and the world of a small business
- The Yelp Sales Development Program (YSDP), which provides a clear path for professional growth. This transparent program outlines what you need to be doing every day, month, and quarter to reach the next level. Increased compensation, title, and responsibilities will keep your career moving in the right direction.
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee only coverage)
- 15 days PTO and 11 paid holidays (per year)
- Stock options
- Monthly gym subsidy
- Fully stocked Yelp kitchens
- Flexible spending account
- Employee deferral 401k plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
The Yelp Sales Development Program (YSDP), which provides a clear path for professional growth. This transparent program outlines what you need to be doing every day, month, and quarter to reach the next level. Increased compensation, title, and responsibilities will keep your career moving in the right direction.
Think you have what it takes to be an account executive at Yelp? Send us your cover letter and resume today. Don’t forget to keep it useful, funny, & cool!
Yelp values diversity. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
If you're interested in this position, please apply through Yelp's hiring process. As you do this, be sure to click the "Apply" button, located below. We'll immediately contact our Yelp contact to provide a personal recommendation.