Join Yelp as a Marketing Intern and gain real experience marketing to real people!
Yelp is a website where over 117 million people (monthly) read and write reliable and trustworthy reviews of local businesses (restaurants, bars, shopping, just to name a few) from across communities in the US, the UK, Canada, France, Germany, Austria, Spain, Italy and so forth. Community Managers in over 100 Yelp communities are responsible for marketing, PR, other social media outlets, event planning, e-newsletter campaigns, and various odds and ends on the local level — but they can’t do it alone!
Yelp Interns play an integral part in supporting activities designed to rally the Yelp community both online and off.
As a Yelp Marketing Intern You’ll Benefit From:
- Practical experience with new media marketing techniques
- Plenty of opportunities to shadow and spend time with the Community Manager including weekly meetings for coaching and professional development
- A rich network of personal and professional contacts
- As much Yelp marketing schwag as can be swallowed
So What Are Some Possible Responsibilities of a Yelp Marketing Intern?
- Helping develop, organize and execute marketing events (parties, happy hours) and guerilla marketing programs (festivals, street ambushes, etc)
- Co-managing the Twitter handle and Facebook page
- Keeping Yelp clean with on-site projects, writing and researching
- Online community building
- You live to write and write to live and may help craft super Yelpy copy
Other Program Details
- 3-6 month program; can be renewed with approval.
- 8-16 flexible hours per week.
- Currently lives/resides in the Tucson area.
- Interns must have reliable transportation and be 21+, as we'll need your help at bars, clubs and other age-restricted venues.
Ready to apply? Click the "Apply" box.